Hearing Aid Batteries
All hearing aids are powered by a battery. Disposable batteries are available in four different sizes depending on the style of the hearing aid. Port Credit Audiology stocks high quality mercury free hearing aid batteries to ensure your hearing aids perform optimally while you wear them. Hearing aid batteries are available for purchase in individual packs of 4 or 8 batteries or in a box that includes 40 batteries.
Here is how to differentiate between sizes, and the expected lifespan of each size:
Size 10 Yellow Tab 3-5 days
Size 312 Brown Tab 5-7 days
Size 13 Orange Tab 7-10 days
Size 675 Blue Tab 9-14 days
Rechargeable Hearing Aids
Don’t want the hassle of changing your batteries regularly? Simply place your hearing aids in their charger overnight and wake up to a fully charged battery!
Port Credit Audiology offers cost-effective rechargeable hearing aid solutions. These hearing aids feature the sound quality and connectivity of our most popular devices and the convenience of:
- Full day of power on a single charge
- No need to purchase disposable batteries on a routine basis
- Quick and easy charging – put the entire hearing aid in the charger at night and they will be ready for you the next day
We also carry replacement rechargeable batteries and zPower batteries for Signia, ReSound, Widex, Oticon, Unitron and Starkey hearing aids.
Visit our online store or call to place your order over the telephone for batteries and other supplies and have them mailed directly to you at home. Alternatively, stop in at the clinic and pick-up batteries and other supplies in person.
Tips to Maximize Battery Life
- Store batteries at room temperature in their original packaging
- Only remove the sticker when you are ready to use the battery
- Open your battery doors at night when hearing aids are not being used
- Wait 1-2 minutes before putting batteries in your hearing aids after you have removed the sticker
Hearing Aid Battery Recycling and Disposal
Mercury-free batteries are considered safe to be disposed of with regular household waste. However, we encourage our patients to continue to recycle their batteries. Port Credit Audiology offers a hearing aid battery recycling program. You can always drop off your used batteries to us, and we will recycle them for you.