Custom Earmolds and Earplugs
Sudden or prolonged exposure to noise can cause damage to your hearing and is one of the leading causes of hearing loss. Hearing loss from prolonged noise exposure is often detected too late, meaning the hearing loss is usually irreversible. Hearing protection is extremely important for anyone who is regularly in a high-noise environment.
Our ears come in all shapes and sizes, but most devices available to put in our ears come in one size, which rarely fits everyone. A custom-made ear plug or earmold is the best way to ensure the proper fit and function of an ear plug or mold.
We provide a selection of custom-made products including:
- Noise plugs: provides you with the maximum amount of noise protection with a comfortable and durable ear plug. These are designed for individuals who are exposed to hazardous noise levels.
- Swim plugs: these floatable custom plugs provide a seal to keep your ears dry. These plugs are designed for individuals who are prone to outer ear infections, or have tubes or perforations in their ear drum.
- Sleep plugs: are made from a soft material and are designed to be worn while sleeping. These plugs can also be worn when doing activities when you want some noise reduction, such as reading.
- Musician plugs: custom plug specifically designed to reduce noise but also preserve the quality of music. Based on how loud your environment is, these plugs come in three levels of noise reduction that can be interchanged.
- In-ear monitors: these are custom earmolds with built in headphones. These can be used for musicians or for individuals who want to listen to music and protect their hearing at the same time.
Activities such as concerts, sporting events, power tools, mowing the lawn, shooting guns, riding motorcycles, and working in noise such as construction or factory work, all require the use of hearing protection. Without hearing protection, you may notice a temporary change in your hearing or experience tinnitus. Over time, these temporary changes can become permanent. This is avoidable with proper hearing protection.
All custom-made products are made from a durable medical-grade silicone or acrylic material and are available in a variety of colours. Custom earmolds offer maximum protection and a comfortable fit, made specifically for your ears.
If you are a hearing aid user, it is important to remove your hearing aids and wear hearing protection. Even with a hearing loss, noise exposure can further damage your hearing.
It is important that no changes are made to hearing protection devices, as this can impact their effectiveness.
Hearing loss prevention is vital. It is important that you have your hearing tested if you are exposed to loud noise. This provides a baseline to compare future hearing tests to, that will help determine if there have been any changes to your hearing. Click here to learn more about our hearing tests.
Please contact Port Credit Audiology if you are interested in any of these custom products, and your audiologist can help decide which is the best suited for you.