The first step to understanding your overall hearing health is to complete a hearing test conducted by a registered Audiologist.
A comprehensive hearing test will provide you with information regarding the overall health of your ear and whether you have normal hearing or some degree of hearing loss.
A comprehensive hearing test involves:
- A short interview to determine the reason for your visit and any pertinent information that would be helpful
- A visual examination of the outer ear, ear canal and eardrum
- The health and flexibility of the eardrum
- Your hearing sensitivity to a range of sounds, especially those important for speech
- Tests of speech understanding in quiet and noise
Following the test, we will review the results with you and discuss how your results can affect day-to-day communication. We will then develop a treatment plan, and provide you with the necessary information to address your individual hearing needs.